AM I IN DEBT?
Money and debt problems usually develop over time. Recognizing the early warning signs can make all the difference.
Take a few moments to answer “Yes” or “No” to the following questions to determine if you could use the help of a certified credit counsellor.
- Are you receiving letters or phone calls from your creditors?
- Do you take cash advances on one credit card to pay another?
- Are your financial troubles affecting your work or family life?
- Are you only making minimum payments on your credit cards?
- Do you rely on credit for everyday living expenses?
- Do you find it difficult to keep your utilities up to date?
- Are you thinking about borrowing money to consolidate debts?
- Do you have trouble preparing and sticking to a budget?
- Are you neglecting to buy proper food and necessities just to make ends meet?
- Are your financial worries keeping you awake at night?
How Did You Do?
Add up the number of questions you answered with “yes” and see our suggestions below.
1: You have healthy money habits. Keep up the good work and check out our blog for more tips on achieving financial success.
1-3: It is time to build some of your money management skills. Start developing a budget, use credit wisely and learn more about your credit rating.
4-6: You need professional assistance. Scheduling a credit counselling session now may prevent more serious problems later.
7+: You are likely experiencing a financial crisis. We can help. Find your local credit counselling agency today!